cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading from HTML Object List

MatyasHorvath
Level 3
Dear Expert I'm working on a project where after searching for a key word on a webpage the possible matches are shown in a dynamic list: "/HTML/BODY(1)/...../UL(1)/LI(1)/DIV(1)" "/HTML/BODY(1)/...../UL(1)/LI(2)/DIV(1)" "/HTML/BODY(1)/...../UL(1)/LI(3)/DIV(1)" Any best practices on how to read the value from each element in the given list? - (needed to decide best possible match). Was thinking to run a loop with a dynamic counter and read each list element until reader runs on error. (Meaning no more search hits). Then use recover / resume to exit the loop and continue the process. - probably not the best solution :) Thanks for sharing Regards Matyas
3 REPLIES 3

SunilHarikaran_
Level 3
Looping with dynamic counter Can anyone specify what exactly is to be done...Step by Step please

BartWille
Level 3
I was staring for 20 minutes at my screen until I saw the button where I can enter the variable with the HTML code. If others have the same issue and didn't find it yet; here it is: 1. Open the Read (or navigate) Stage 2. Right in the middle there is the ""Actions"" screen. Find the 2nd column named ""Params"" 3. Go to the relevant row (in my case there is only 1 row) and click the button with ""..."" 4. Drop the variable with the path

AntonioGiordano
Level 3
Thanks for sharing everyone. However the Guide doesn't explain what and where exactly do we have to write the dynamic path. Could someone provide more explicite and intelligible information than provided into the guide please? Here attached is an what I've written in the Application Modeller/Attributes Thank you once again for your help dear BP community.