cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Blue Prism V7 Deployment on Microsoft Azure Cloud

esaugos
Level 6
Hello,

We currently have a new customer for whom we are going to build a new infra on Microsoft Azure cloud and deploy Blue Prism Version 7 over there. In order to build and connect the Blue Prism components in Microsoft Azure cloud Infrastructure, what things need to be taken care while doing the configurations. I have gone through some documents in the portal like Blue Prism Cloud 2021 which highlights some of the main components and virtual machine configurations and some datasheets as well which mainly talks about, HUB, Interact etc.  But on a ground level, what things I have to check or request from client while deploying Blue Prism solution on Azure cloud. Please comment on the same.
RPA Solution Architect
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @esaugos,

Default Azure VMs​ are pretty well locked down. Will the BP environment in the Azure cloud require access to other systems within the customers network that are not within the Azure cloud? If so, you'll need to work out network access with them. The Azure VM's typically have ports limited both at the Azure Console level as well as within the actual Windows Defender firewall on the O/S.

Will the customer want to make use of the REST API of v7? If so, will that be from machines that are not part of the Azure Cloud? If yes, you'll need to have registered DNS names and SSL certificates.

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-1/en-us/installation/bp-enterprise/deploy-virtual-cloud-ent.htm

The Azure Reference Architecture hasn't been updated for v7 as far as I know, but it still has important information in it.

Azure Reference Architecture

Cheers,
Eric

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @esaugos,

Default Azure VMs​ are pretty well locked down. Will the BP environment in the Azure cloud require access to other systems within the customers network that are not within the Azure cloud? If so, you'll need to work out network access with them. The Azure VM's typically have ports limited both at the Azure Console level as well as within the actual Windows Defender firewall on the O/S.

Will the customer want to make use of the REST API of v7? If so, will that be from machines that are not part of the Azure Cloud? If yes, you'll need to have registered DNS names and SSL certificates.

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-1/en-us/installation/bp-enterprise/deploy-virtual-cloud-ent.htm

The Azure Reference Architecture hasn't been updated for v7 as far as I know, but it still has important information in it.

Azure Reference Architecture

Cheers,
Eric