cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region Mode - Read text with OCR

RobinJensen
Level 3

Hello,

I'm having some issues where I try to read a list region with OCR. The list are a bunch of dates seperated by dots (DD.MM.YYYY)

Reading out the dates are no problem, the issues is that Blue Prism fail to read it correctly where 2 end up being read as 7 and 3 being read as 8 and so on.

I have tried setting the font automatically with no luck. I also did try to create my own font, but this did not bring me any closer to success either, sadly.

So far I have had some progress with whitelistening 0-9 and the period sign (.) and setting the scale to different values where I get the correct reading with X scale, but for Y dates it doesn't work properly again.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

------------------------------
Robin Jensen
IKT-RÃ¥dgiver / RPA Developer
Tromsø Kommune
Europe/Oslo
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

GopalBhaire
Level 10
Have you tried using Recognize Text? by specifying font name and importing fonts of right size will probably solve the issue.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GopalBhaire
Level 10
Have you tried using Recognize Text? by specifying font name and importing fonts of right size will probably solve the issue.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Hello Gopal,

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

As of now this looks to be the perfect solution for my problem - Why I do not know, as I'm not even specifying a font. I'll have to let it run for some time and make sure it works consistently, but for now this looks very promising.

Again, thank you so much. 🙂

EDIT:

After some more testing I have found that I need to specify the font for some fields that I try to read, but others does not require it. Either way - Using Recognise text did the job for me!

Robin Jensen
IKT-RÃ¥dgiver / RPA Developer
Tromsø Kommune
Europe/Oslo