cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource "not connected"

EricThunberg
Level 3
I've looked all over, but haven't found any duplicate of this issue. Ok, this is an installation setup I've done several times before, but I can't seem to solve this issue.

I have two machines, lets call them SN and WA. SN is the app server that runs the blue prism server, and WA is the resource on which I intend to use as a runtime-resource. When I start the runtime resource on WA it finds the appserver SN but it doesn't "Connect" (It says "Not connected" under connection in control room view, in Blue prism on SN). It doesn't do any difference if i let Blue prism start in normal mode or in resourcepc mode. It's as if some traffic is allowed through between SN and WA, but not the required traffic for it to connect properly.

However, if I test it the other way everything seems fine. When I start BP in resourcepc mode on SN I can connect to it from blue prism on WA.

Can this be because the "connected"-status means that the resource is connected to BPServer? Meaning that AW doesn't connect to BPserver, but it can connect directly to BP on SN without going through the BPServerService?

Oh, and I've triple checked the firewall settings everywhere and restarted everything. I think I'm mostly trying to understand how traffic is routed and what could be the thing blocking?

Thanks for any guidance and help with this.

------------------------------
Eric Thunberg
RPA Consultant

1 REPLY 1

james.man
Staff
Staff
The first page of this document should help:
https://portal.blueprism.com/documents/v63-data-sheet-securing-network-connectivity

The "Not Connected" status in your image is "Instructional Communication" which means that the Runtime Resource should have an incoming port opened (default 8181)

I don't know if you have an interactive client installed (IC) on a third PC that is not shown in your image, but seeing "Not Connected" is due to a health check (ping pong) fail from your IC to the Runtime Resource (RR).  So your IC will try to connect to the RR over port 8181 and send the "ping" message.  The RR is expected to send a "pong" message back to your IC within a timely manner.   If pong isn't received within X seconds (the actual X value depends on the BP version), then it will show up as "Not connected".  Check to see if there's anything blocking communication between the RR and the IC you are on.

Also if you want to double check all of the network connections to make sure that you haven't missed any firewall ports, you can take a look at this guide:
https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/Testing%20Connectivity%20Guide.pdf

James Man
Professional Services
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong