cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Now doesn't work on schedules

NickZejdlik
Level 4
Whenever I right-click on a schedule and use the Run Now option, nothing seems to happen. There are no errors, but the schedule doesn't kick off either. It's a minor annoyance if the schedule has several tasks, since each one will have to be run manually in control room. I was wondering if there is a way to fix that. Not sure how to troubleshoot that particular action.
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Try the Recent Activity report in Control Room for clues, and maybe the event log of the Application Server too.

ryanamiller
Level 5
We have that issue as well, doesn't run and nothing showing in the event log or Recent Activity

NicholasBell1
Level 3
As John says, look at the Recent Activity and click View Log for the schedule in question. You could try recreating the schedule as sometimes we have noticed they become corrupted and recreating them somehow solves the problem.   Do the schedules run if you specify the time they should run at? Rather than use the Run Now option? Are the Resource PCs available and the scheduled tasks valid?

NickZejdlik
Level 4
Nothing seems to show up in Recent Activity. The scheduler otherwise is working well, it fires processes off correctly if I adjust times and whatnot. The server log doesn't show anything either - it's as though clicking Run Now doesn't do anything.

MattDavis
Level 5
Is your app server in the same time zone as where your launching the run now schedule from? 

NickZejdlik
Level 4
I'm two hours off from where the application server and bots are hosted. Curiously, I tried the Run Now option from one of the bots and it worked. It would seem that Run Now is timezone-dependent.

YinanSong1
Level 2
make sure you have the BP listener installed in your machine. Like our controller account/VDI, the listener not installed so cannot run scheduler on his own machine.