cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Ressource doesn't connect properly

SilvioGerstenbe
Level 3
Hello together,

I hope that anyone got a helping hint for me.

We have installed BP on a new machine and are trying to add them to our BP server.
Whenever we start the client in the same way other working connects properly, we con an Idle, Nos Session but Not Connected and the Host is unknown.
We are also not able to drag and drop the machine a task. When we start the process on the machine out of the studio, all works fine.

I have added a screen, the 2nd Row is the one I'm talking about and the 3rd one is connected and working.

I have checked also the user and used one which is working on our other machines, but the same error.

If anyone got a helping hint for me, it would be great.

Thanks in advance and

best regards
Silvio Gerstenberger

------------------------------
Silvio Gerstenberger
RPA Developer
Schneider Electric
Europe/London
4 REPLIES 4

LB1
Level 2
Hi I am encountering the same. Did you resolve this?

L B

Walter.Koller
Level 11
Hi,

'Host ist unbekannt' or 'host is unknown' indicates a network problem. The runtime resources may be located in different network segment, domains and Blue Prism cannot resolve the host name. Maybe an alias name is used that is not known to the relevant components in your network.
You can try to have a look in the System tab in Blue Prism and select FQDN for communications. (We use short names to be displayed in Blue Prism and FQDN for internal communication between Blue Prism components, which works fine across all of our domains.)

We see status 'idle' with 'not connected' in cases when the runtime resource can communicate with BP application server, BP interactive client can communicate with BP application server but BP interactive client cannot reach the runtime resource.

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna

Thank you. I managed to make it work by adding the workstation details in our server hosts file.

I still have some that are not connecting but these are in a different region so will check your recommendation

L B

Hi I am facing the same issue could you please help me with a document or steps to solve the issue. 

Regards,

Adarsh N