cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - Write stage issue

KonstantinosVog
Level 4
Hello guys,   I am currently developing a process using SAP ERP system and I had a weird issue when trying to write to a simple textbox the value of '25,04'. The character " , " seems to create the problem, because If I write '25' or '25.04' it works fine. Have you ever faced something similiar? Its a simple Write stage with a text value (I tried to convert it to number..but still the same problem). I would appreciate your help, because I want to avoid sending key strokes for something so simple and small. Thanks in advance. Konstantinos    
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Are you able to manually enter 25,04? Perhaps SAP prevents it?

KonstantinosVog
Level 4
John,  Yes If I try to do it manually as a user, I can write '25,04'. SAP prevents the value of '25.04' (which Blue Prism can send successfully). But the problem is that BP can't send '25,04' and I got an error in BP before even the flow gets to SAP. Any ideas? Thanks. Konstantinos

RadoslavHiko
Level 4
I assume you are writing into a number field in SAP. As such you may have to send the value in a format that is recognized by SAP as a number which is probably the dot separator. What you see on your SAP screen is a number formatted according to your settings, but in the background numbers are generally stored with dots as decimal separators. Sending number with a dot does not display a number with a comma? What error do you actually get? What format is set on your operating system - dot or comma?

KonstantinosVog
Level 4
@radoslav.hiko Thanks for your answer. I changed the SAP user settings that had to do with the Decimal notation (from coma to dot) and now I am sending values with dots and works fine. Cheers, Konstantinos

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi All, I have the same issue as Konstantinos but it happens when populating SAP text fields (for example Vendor Name or Manufacturer). My settings are set properly (I hope) yet still I receive the same error. Currently I'm using workaround (global send keys in case of error) but it would be good to solve the root cause. See screens with my settings.   Thank You in advance.   Best Regards, Michal

FabioLeonardo
Level 2
Hello all, I'm also having the same problem as mszumsk. I'm trying to write to a text field in SAP which manually accepts the comma character but Blue Prism just can't write it, the exception ""Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."" is thrown. Also looking for a solution different than using send keys. Thanks, Fabio