cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save As Dialog box Issue

paul_fraser
Level 3
Hi, I am trying to download a file from Internet explorer. When I click the link it generates a PDF from an ASPX page. I then have to use send keys to save as. Problems arises when I type in file name to save, it doesn't recognize the name I have typed in or the drop down for save as type which is defaulted to PDF. So the file saves to desktop as an aspx document instead of PDF. It only happens when using the robot, when I type the file name in manually and press save it works. Has anyone came across this before?
6 REPLIES 6

Pradeep
Level 2
Is it Saving in the default path other than the path you specify? If yes, then use delete function{DEL} in global send keys and pass the path in writer stage.

AtulKumar
Level 3
Please create the new object for handle Save As popup and select the application type as Windows Application. Spy the required elements design the Object. Note : Since popup will appear automatically so attach the application.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Atul's suggestion of creating a seperate windows object is a good one (I have done similar myself in the past). Also, please search the Knowledgebase. If you search for save as you will find an article that may helpl you.

paul_fraser
Level 3
Hi, Thanks for replies. I had created a new object as per the knowledge base but still had same error. Solution was to use a few steps before the write, so i added an open menu, select item then hide menu action, before writing in the file path. which then recognised the file path I was writing

psagar
Level 3
Hi, I am facing the same problem while spying popup window in explorer. Could you please tell me how did you create separate object to achieve this. I am trying to upload file to the web and to upload file it is opening popup window which is explorer popup window.

Hi Sagar, details on creating the object are here https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/article/link/save-a-pdf-file-fr The issue I had was the pop up wasn't recognizing the Write stage had changed the data field in any way so was saving in default location with default name. I had to open the menu dropdown, select something, then close the dropdown. I then performed the write stage and saved which worked. Alternatively, you could send the file directory or file name as a send key which may work