cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler - Retry after failure

GiulioBernardin
Level 3
Hi everybody, is there a way to configure the scheduler to retry the scheduled process after a certain period if for any reason it failed? I've tried to configure multiple tasks in a schedule, so if the first attempt fails, then the second task is started, but I can't find where to configure an interval between the two executions. Any help is appreciated! Giulio
3 REPLIES 3

HarikrishnaMura
Level 4
Hi Giulio, I am still a newbie to BP, When i wanted to do the similar approach what i did was i had the exception on the master page to retry the process for 3 times with a sleep for 10 min before it was terminated. By this, we can retry the process and abort the process if failed. I am not sure if this helps. Regards, Hari

GiulioBernardin
Level 3
Hi Hari, thanks for your answer. This could be a good workaround, I was looking for ""native"" capabilities but I understand that scheduling the retries is not possible at this stage. Regards, Giulio

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I agree with Hari, the Scheduler should not be seen as an alternative to best practice exception handling within your process. It is for the process to have the logic to tidy up applications and retry. What Hari mentions is actually the kind of best practice exception handling that you should be doing by default, if you are using the mandatory Process Templates as the basis for your exception handling you will have already implemented it. Your process does not need to simply terminate if something goes wrong. It should retry, it should restart applications. At some clients even when a system is unavailable the process does not terminate, it sends an alert to the controller and then periodically retries starting the applcacation.