cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedulers multi-select, saving panes dimensions and environment variables scrolling

RafałJurek
Level 2
Hi! I€™d like to ask you some questions regarding Blue Prism features. Adding new Environment Variables currently doesn€™t scroll down to the bottom where new variable is created. This small feature would work as a row for new variable creation. Saving the user-configured panes dimensions and auto adjusting to that settings after a program is started. Currently there is no implementation of that I€™m aware of and every time the BP is started we have to manually set the panes. Multi-selection of schedulers with multi-retire and un-retire features. As for now there is no option to retire (or un-retire) more than one scheduler at a time. Is it possible to implement such feature? I believe my suggestions would improve the overall user experience with BP. Thanks! Rafal  
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Thanks Rafal, these are good ideas. For number 2, if you spy the main window of an application you can use the Move and Resize actions to put the window where you want. I often add input parameters X, Y, W and H to the Launch action of objects so that the process can dictate where the window positions. I also tend to avoid maximising applications (there is usually no need) so that I can arrange windows in a 'cascade'. I find this helps during development but also when demonstrating a process.

RafałJurek
Level 2
Thanks John. I get it but we must've misunderstood. In 2nd point I mean't I'd be nice for Blue Prism application to remember panes widths and heights so the Blue Prism application would save it when closing and when I'd run the application again it'd adjust itself to the last saved panes dimensions as there were before closing the application. Please take a look on the attachment. Screen on the left - application adjusted like I want to have it (manually). Screen on the right - application with default panes widths and heights right after it started. Please notice panes widths and heights were reset. I hope it's clearer now.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Thanks Rafal, I get what you mean now. Yes that would be a welcome new feature.