cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules - Tasks not run as planned

MichaelBerg_And
Level 3
Hi everyone.   I'm dealing with an issue, which i hope any of you can assist me with. In our setup we use the login agent, to login/logout the serviceusers in order to run our processes.   This setup works the majority of times, but we do experience this issue:   All over schedules have the following tasks: 1: Login (On complete: Run process. On exc.: Abort) 2: Run Process (On complete: Logout. On exc.: Logout) 3: Logout (On complete: Stop. On exc. Abort) Although we do see that some times the scheduler "skips" step 2. Which will look something like: Login: Completed Logout: Completed. The proces task is not even attempted, and there are no exceptions in the logs. This occurs at random (apparently), and as soon as we rerun the scheduler, the issue is gone.   Anyone able to assist? Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

TomaszAdamski
Level 5
By ""Login"" do you mean Login done by Login Agent? If yes then, you switch from Login Agent context to runtime resource context and then the schedule is terminated. At least that happens in my env.

MichaelBerg_And
Level 3
@TomekA - Yes exactly. The scheduler is made like this: Step1: Login (Login Agent) on ROBOT01P. Step2: Run Process on ROBOT01P:1234(Port). Step3: Logout on ROBOT01P:1234(Port). But we do see examples where step 2 is skipped. There are no exceptions or patterns connected to this, it happens randomly it seems. Which results in runs where the login agent, runs a login and a logout.

MattDavis
Level 5
What you'll probably need to do is put the login agent login action on a separate schedule ~3-5 minutes before the process schedule runs. What's probably happening is that the login process completes, however there isn't enough time for the script that starts the resource PC to come online, so the process doesn't see an available resource and proceeds to send the logout command.   We had the same thought when we initially worked with Login Agent. It doesn't really seem to make sense that it would be designed to work like that. One would think Blue Prism would have a wait built into the schedule, hopefully they'll patch this eventually.  

ryanamiller
Level 5
As others mentioned, we are setting up two schedules for each Process run.  One schedule that executes the Login Agent on the Resource Machine and a second schedule that runs 5 minutes later that runs the Process or Processes.  The 5 minute window is working consistently for us.   I also agree, I wish Blue Prism would either allow for a delay within one Schedule that could be configured or a smoother handoff between the Login Agent Process and the start of the runtime resource.