cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securely using vSphere to monitor runtime activity

RichardLorenz
Level 4
Our process controllers use vSphere to hop into an existing session in production on a runtime bot so they can see what the bot is doing. They usually do this when weird things are happening just to get to the bottom of it.

If we start to add processes which access secure sites (like banking sites) this presents a serious issue as the controller could potentially wait for the bot to log into the site and then take over the banking account for nefarious purposes.

Are there better ways of achieving the aim here? I'm thinking there might be an app that shows what's happening on the screen without allowing the user to control the screen. Or alternately is there an app that can record the activity on the screen for audit purposes?

Thanks!

Rich

------------------------------
Richard Lorenz
CoE Manager
Computershare
Australia/Melbourne
3 REPLIES 3

AndrewRandolph
Level 4
Hey Richard,

It seems to be that the only real solution I can find info on is through Microsoft's RDM (Remote Desktop Manager) using RDP which as you may know is NOT recommended to be integrated with Blue Prism due to it's unofficial non functionality with Login Agent. If anyone else has a solution other than this please feel free to respond to the thread.

Andrew Randolph
Analyst
Accenture
America/New_York

Other thread on this topic.

Joakim Eklund
Senior RPA Developer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Stockholm

JerinJose
Level 10
Vsphere ,dameware or Bomgar can be used to achive the monitoring requirement and as far as I know dameware and Bomgar and Vsphere access can be restricted to View-only mode and proper RBAC can be implemented. ​

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata