cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Run time Resource

ManasJena
Level 6
Hi All,

We have 5 Run time Resources. Is it possible to setup another Blue prism instance which will use one of these 5 Run time Resources  ?
If yes would you help to suggest how ?

Thanks !
Manas

------------------------------
Manas Jena
Sr Analyst
ZimmerBiomet
America/New_York
7 REPLIES 7

JoakimEklund
Level 6
Hi Manas,

You can direct any Runtime Resource to connect to any Blue Prism instance by changing the start up parameters/connection details for that specific Runtime Resource.

/Joakim

Joakim Eklund
Senior RPA Developer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Stockholm

Hi Joakim,

Thanks ! for sharing this. Do you have any reference for this ? I have to setup a separate VM with Blue Prism and have one Run time Resource added to that. We have 5 run time resource , I just want to dedicate one Resource for some activities.

Appreciate your help
Manas

Manas Jena
Sr Analyst
ZimmerBiomet
America/New_York

Please correct me if I'm wrong. As I understand you have 5 Runtime Resources and an Interactive Client. Now you want to connect one of those 5 Runtime Resources to the Interactive Client, to be able to start processes on a specific Runtime Resource from the Interactive Client? To accomplish that you'd need to connect both the Interactive Client and Runtime Resource to the same Database or Application Server, then allow the communication between the Interactive Client and Runtime Resource (usually over port 8181/8182).

/Joakim

Joakim Eklund
Senior RPA Developer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Stockholm

Manas;

What is the problem that you are trying to solve?  By default a Blue Prism Interactive Client can start processes on available Runtime Resources within the same environment assuming that ports aren't blocked.

Steve Waters
Platform Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services
America/Chicago

That's correct Joakim. I want to connect to one of those run time resource via interactive client and that run time resource will be dedicated to run the automation on demand basis.

Manas Jena
Sr Analyst
ZimmerBiomet
America/New_York

Hi Steve,

I want to connect to one of those run time resource via interactive client and that run time resource will be dedicated to run the automation on demand basis.
Basically I am trying to let business users run few automations on demand basis. I am trying to proceed with this option where business users can use intercative client to trigger a BOT.

Manas Jena
Sr Analyst
ZimmerBiomet
America/New_York

Hi Manas,

Connect the Interactive client to the same appserver/databaseconnection. All runtime resources will be listed in the available resource panel (unless you have "access restricted groups "for resources.) . Business person who can access the​ interactive client can run the process on desired runtime resource, provided the interactive client user account have sufficient permission for process execution and full access to controlroom.

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata