cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select List Item Action in Browser Mode for Blue Prism Version 6.9.0

esaugos
Level 6
After Spying an element in Browser Mode. I selected the "Select List Item" Action in the Navigate Stage.
The purpose was to select a particular option from a dropdown after which the next element will occur.

The above action selected the target but the next element didn't occur. 
When i checked the Application manually, whenever we select any item from the dropdown of any element,
The target Application first refreshes for few seconds and then the next element occurs but in my case its not working. Below are the screenshots for reference.

Basically, After passing the below action, the next element is not coming..

31360.png
31361.png

------------------------------
Saurabh Goswami
RPA Developer
Ericsson India Global Pvt. Ltd.
Asia/Kolkata
RPA Solution Architect
2 REPLIES 2

Olympia_Theodor
Level 2
Hi Saurabh, 

There is a chance that the action "Select List Item" that you're using to select an item from a drop-down list is not actually selecting the item from the drop-down. What you might see as a change in the field text it not actually a change in the value, that's why the application is not activated and you can't proceed.  You can check if this is the case by implementing a reading stage after your navigate stage to see what the value of the field "Store in Safe" is after the action. 

If that's your case, to resolve the issue you need to find a different way to select the wanted item from the drop-down list. You could try these steps below:
1)Try reading the whole drop-down list and store the items in a collection.
2)Loop through the collection up to the point where you find the wanted input value. Here you'll have to use a decision stage and a counter(i.e. [dti_nb_Counter]). Every time the current item value doesn't match the wanted input value, ("No"), your counter will be increased by 1.
3)When your current item value matches the wanted input value ("Yes"), use a navigate stage with a "Global Send Keys" action. In the "Text" field of this action, try writing
"{DOWN [dti_nb_Counter]}". 
The counter indicates the position of your item in the list.  

The use of keystrokes ([DOWN]) ensures that the item is actually selected from the drop-down. 

I hope this helps!

Olympia Theodora Kalisperati

EVIPUTI
MVP
In these cases i prefer sending global send keys . Say for example the drop down field Store in Safe can be easily selected to "CiscoXR_Recon" by sending "C" as a key .

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------