cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Multiple Files Attachments to 1 Email User

Lily.L
Level 5

Hi guys,

I have trouble when sending multiple files to Outlook email.

In my case; I need to download multiple Excel reports in a day (probably 8 or 10 reports), then rename these files and send them to Outlook email.

All the reports will be formatted as: "Report for [Current Day]_time when downloading report"

11900.png

I need to send all the Excel files that I have downloaded in a day to the Outlook email by the end of the day. How can I do that when my files are dynamic? Thank you!

*I have use SEND EMAIL action with attachment is "Report for "&[Current Date]&"*" - but it doesnt work

------------------------------
Mia Mikela

5 REPLIES 5

@Mia Mikela

When using the send email action you will have to provide the complete path of the attachment without *

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi Shashank,

I have tried without * but it's not working. I want to select all the files I want to send to Outlook email....

Mia Mikela

Are you using the outlook VBO?

Separate the file paths with a semi colon. Like

C:\Downloads\File1.xlsx;C:\Downloads\File2.xlsx

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Thanks,

Given my case, the downloaded reports are dynamic, and it's not constant. So if I list all the paths manually like you do, it may not work. 

But thanks for recommending it. 

Mia Mikela

Hi @Mia Mikela

Send Mail Action takes File path as absolute path meaning you to provide full path of a file/files. If it is multiple files - you have to append paths into single string. Below are the steps how you can do it. 

As you are creating report on daily basis - I suggest you create a folder with current Date Stamp for that day and place all the report (8-10) over there. 

To send all reports in a mail you have to create a single string with all file's paths. Here's how you do it: 

1. As we already created a folder for everyday (using current day stamp) - we should do a get Files inside that folder so we can get all reports for that day. (You can give pattern as you like if you have a preference on only specific file to send)
  2. Once you got the collection of files - loop through each item and append FilePath(absolute path) to a variable (let's say allAttachmentPath) using ";"
  3. then if you add that string(allAttachmentPath) as a value in Attachment parameter of send Mail. It should send out all the files in a mail. 

Do let me know if you face any issues performing. 

Abhisekh Mukherjee