cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending email using Outlook API

SuyogDoshi
Level 3
Hi All,
I am working on the automation of the process. The final step of the process is to send an email. I am able to use the VBO to trigger this email. Once I initiate sending email action it errors out. The local IT team, network team, and AD support team are looking at the issue. Till now we haven't got any solution for this issue. I can across pages to access Outlook using APIs and Graph API. I am unable to generate the token to send an email using BluePrism. Can anyone please help me in accessing this Outlook API using BluePrism?

------------------------------
Suyog Doshi
RPA Architect
LTI
Asia/Kolkata
6 REPLIES 6

SuyogDoshi
Level 3
@Tanmay Dixit & @Sandeep Motwani involving you for details if required. ​​​​​

Suyog Doshi
RPA Architect
LTI
Asia/Kolkata

GopalBhaire
Level 10
You can use Graph API to send mail using Blue Prism for that you need to do following steps:
1. Register your app in Azure portal to get Client ID and Secret
2. Store those in your credential manager as OAuth 2 Cred
3. Configure to use Graph API in Web API Services (BP portal has a thorough documentation on it.)
4. For Authentication go to Common Authentication: Select OAuth 2 -> Select Credential Configured-> Paste the Auth URI that you'll get from Azure
5. Add and configure the Send Mail action

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Thanks, @GopalBhaire.
I am not sure about the process of registering the app in the Azure portal. If I am using BluePrism how should I register this? 
@Tanmay Dixit & @Sandeep Motwani, please add details or help me if I am missing anything.
​​​

Suyog Doshi
RPA Architect
LTI
Asia/Kolkata

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @SuyogDoshi

You can alternatively use  Outllook. Managed Services in case you do not have access for REST API 

You can also find pre built objects for it on the blueprism Digital Exchange in case VBO does not work

Alternatively , REST api can be used by creating a connected App on Azure 365 portal. It uses OAth2.0 authentication which requires Client I'd and secret 
to access the mailbox 
Client ID and secret are received after creating the connected App on Azure portal 

I would suggest to go for pre built skills /objects on Blueprism Prism Digital Exchange 

Wasif Ahmad
Consultant
Deloitte
Asia/Kolkata

Thank @Wasif Ahmad, we are facing Outlook programmatic access Security issue with BluePrism VBO. Firewall, VM and Exchange support teams are working to fix that issue.​ Even other solutions handling Outlook externally will face similar issues. Hence, we are looking at other options to send emails.

Suyog Doshi
RPA Architect
LTI
Asia/Kolkata

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi suyog 

you can register on the below URL for accessing graph api 
https://aad.portal.azure.com/

This is the active directory portal