cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up BP DEV Env

vinodchinthakin
Level 9
Hi,

For setting up new BP 6.9 Dev Env, Can we go with SQL Express, or is it necessary for going with SQL Server?

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
vinod chinthakindi
5 REPLIES 5

GopalBhaire
Level 10

Hi

Express is fine for Dev.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Hi Gopal,

We are setting an Env which is similar to Prod for a POC for a one month period. Then we will be using that Env for Dev internally.
Now can we go with Express?

vinod chinthakindi

Hi Vinod,

In that case you should go with Standard or Enterprise version, please refer here: v6.9 User Guide - Installing Enterprise Edition (blueprism.com). I initially assumed you required it for learning.

15922.png

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

ChrisEllenburg_
Level 4
Express will work with 6.9, however, I would be mindful that still need to go ahead with a DB backup plan. You wouldn't want to lose a month's worth or even a week's work of dev time by not backing up your DB.

Chris Ellenburg - KeyMark, Inc.

AnuraagPandey
Level 4
Hello Vinod,

For POC you can quite easily install SQL Server Express Edition from Microsoft official website. 
A standalone SQL Server works quite well, but I would recommend installing the trail version and not the learning edition from Blue Prism.

With on-premise (sort of) server you can setup the connection with Blue Prism and you will not loose your data or the BP - processes/objects.
I would be happy to share more details if you need them.

Good Luck!

viele Grüße,
Anuraag Pandey