cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint List OLEDB

DouglasBurke
Level 2
Anyone had any luck using an OLEDB connection to a SharePoint list to perform updates? I have made a modified OLEDB Object to make a connection string "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;WSS;IMEX=1;RetrieveIds=Yes; DATABASE=http://sharepoint.yourdomain.com/Documents/;LIST={5999B8A0-0C2F-4D4D-9C5A-D7B146E49698}; " and this works fine when performing select statements. When performing action statements(INSERT, UPDATE) the object hangs on the coding stage. I have tired different IMEX numbers, as this is the recommendation, but still no luck. Here is the code from the Code object Dim command As New OleDbCommand(queryString" input SQL", moConnection"input connection" ) Try command.ExecuteNonQuery() Catch ex as Exception runErr"output error"=ex.Message End Try
2 REPLIES 2

DineshMani
Level 2
Hi Douglas, First- set the connection, and check for the provider(i.e, ""Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0""). Then check for the password, If password = 'yes' ""Provider="" & [Provider] & ""; Data Source="" & [Database] & ""; Jet OLEDB:Database Password="" & [Password] &"";"" If password = 'no' ""Provider="" & [Provider] & ""; Data Source="" & [Database] & "";"" Second- open the connection, with code stage as- If moConnection Is Nothing Then moConnection = New OLEDBConnection(ConnectionString) moConnection.Open() End If Third- use the code to execute the query- If moConnection Is Nothing Then Dim strcon as String Dim path as String path = filePath strcon = ""Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=""+path+"";Extended Properties=Excel 12.0"" moConnection = New OLEDBConnection(strcon) moConnection.Open() End If Fourth- close the connection, with code stage as- moConnection.Close() moConnection.Dispose() moConnection = Nothing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Douglas - when I'm doing the select even, I'm getting ""Could not find installable ISAM"" returned when opening the connection using the same format you've provided. Did you run into that error? fyi I'm in a SP 2013 on-prem environment.