cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying Issue - Edge using 6.10.2 document html with iframe

SimonGreenhow
Level 2

Hi there.

We're having some interesting behaviours when trying to use Edge browser spying with a web based application we are using. We're using Blue Prism version 6.10.2 .

The whole application is nested inside on giant iFrame and we're finding that we can get the spying to work up until we hit the #document HTML element, after which we cannot see anything. Everything on my snip before isn't an issue.

We have used a combination of using CSS Selectors and Xpath but always fails once we hit the #document which is within the iFrame. There also doens't seem to be a alternative URL to get around needing to use the iframe...but I think its more related to the #document than the iframe itself.

This worked without an issue on Internet Explorer. Only an issue experiencing now moving app over to Edge.

Anyone else had a similar issue or know other things to try apart from the above?

27882.png

------------------------------
Simon Greenhow
Automation Delivery Lead
Computershare
Europe/London
2 REPLIES 2

Carl__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Simon,

I'm assuming you are using a 'Browser-based Application (Chrome, Firefox or Edge Chromium)' application model type?

Is the problem that when you attempt to spy elements in the IFRAME, they are not highlighted by Blue Prism? If so, have you tried using the Application Navigator to identify the elements?

27878.png
Also, if you have the XPath or CSS Selector for the element in the IFRAME, you could always spy any page element and then update your match criteria with the correct XPath or CSS Selector to your element.

If you have already tried the above, then please provide a little more information about the issue.

Carl Carter
Senior Developer
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hi Chris

Thanks for getting back to me. I am using a browser based application using Edge Chromium and yeah using the Browser-based Application (Chrome, Firefox or Edge Chromium)' application model type

The application navigater is greyed out during spying so we dont have that as an option. 

The method ive been using has been to spy anything and then type in the full Xpath and Web CSS Selector to try and spy the specific element but hasn't worked. When CSS Selector is introduced I get Error - Highlighting results - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

If I write in the xpaths through the html tree it works up until the last line. After that it appears we need something else to get the items within.

/html
/html/body/
/html/body/div[1]
/html/body/div[1]/iframe

It looks like its the #document rather than the iframe masking the html.
​ This same screen worked without an issue on internet explorer and Blue Prism suggesting a different technology under the hood and the Edge integratrion is unable to handle this html design.

Simon Greenhow
Automation Delivery Lead
Computershare
Europe/London