cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying Issue on Windows based application built on VB6

RushitVaghasiya
Level 3
Hi I€™m working on a project which has to interact with the Windows based application on VB 6. The application was built 23 years back using VB 6 and I€™m not able to spy the application using AA or UI modes. I tried region mode but due to dynamic nature of application forms and different scenarios it may come across that didn€™t work.   Attaching screen snap of the application. In this form Deal Event(Green Highlighted) field is spyable but other fields(Red Highlighted) is not spyable individually using AA and UI modes.   I had a word with developer regarding this and as per him they can not do much about these since it was built using very old technology.   Can anyone help me to understand how Blue Prism is interacting with windows based application built on VB 6? Is there any work around through which we can spy individual cell in red highlighted box?
1 REPLY 1

PraveenNair
Level 3
Hi, I had a similar project to work on Win32 application build on powerbuilder in 1999. I had a combination of spying in Win32 and Region mode. The hardest part was to spy the cells and table. For some reason App modellar was not able to spy the tables and hence i have use surface automation. If you do use region mode, make sure the color is reduced when recognizing elements and also be aware of the color of a button when it is clicked.  Hope it works out for you. Praveen.