cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying Web application - Wildcards in Path Attribue does not work

MichalPlich2
Level 4
Every time I try to use Wildcars () to dynamically refer to HTML element I receive exeption: "Error - Highlighting results - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." (In attached example I'm trying to find Input, using dynamic path: "/HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(2)/DIV(4)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(3)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)//INPUT(1)" Where full path /HTML/BODY(1)/FORM(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(2)/DIV(4)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(3)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/*/DIV/INPUT(1) Anyone have any experience with that? Is it some internal bug, or it's just not possible?
1 REPLY 1

david.l.morris
Level 14
HI Michal, I started to type out a response and then realized someone else has probably answered a similar question. The text you're looking for in order to find other forum posts about the issue is 'xpath' or 'relative xpath'. I glanced through them and found the one I think explains the issue best and the workaround: https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/technical-queries/spyingapplication… Essentially what it comes down to is 2 things: (1) the DOM/HTML Path does not work with wildcard and (2) your best bet is to use dynamic attributes and pass in an incremented value until you find the text you need. Dave
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA