Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sql server question

VratHimbo
Level 6
Hi all,
i've just read the documentation about BP - sql server requirement here:

"https://portal.blueprism.com/user/login?destination=/customer-support/support-center%23/path/Installation-Platform/Installation/Database-Installation/"

My first question is: Sql server 2019 is not supported? Because in the list i've found only 2017 or less.

Second question, where can i find the BP installation enterprise edition? Just in case i can use the trial edition and in the future activate with a license?

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
andre a
6 REPLIES 6

EVIPUTI
MVP
Hi Andre a,

On your first query :

Blue Prism uses a Microsoft SQL Server database as a repository for most data, such as processes, logs, audit, and user information. To keep the installation and setup simple, they deploy Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express LocalDB for you as part of the Blue Prism Trial and Learning Edition.
Only the Trial and Learning Edition installs SQL LocalDB, the full enterprise application installer does not install SQL LocalDB.  Instead, you have the option to connect to a Microsoft SQL Server of your choosing, including SQL Azure.

Microsoft SQL Server 2017 is supported on Windows 8.1 and above and is only available as a 64-bit installation. Therefore, the minimum requirement for Blue Prism Trial and Learning Edition is a 64-bit installation of Windows 8.1 or above.

Support Center: What versions of Windows are compatible with the Blue Prism Trial and Learning Edition?

and 2nd question you asked : https://www.blueprism.com/free-trial/  you can use this to download your free(trial) editions and for enterprise edition you can start your chat with BP there itself. Though it will not effect your objects and process which you have designed in trial version and you can also get it licensed .
For a detailed overview of installing Blue Prism in an Enterprise environment, you may find 6.6 User Guide Installing Enterprise Edition useful.

[Vipul] [Tiwari] [Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Developer]
[Fidelity]
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

First of all, thanks.
So in Enterprise edition is supported also sql server 2019 or not? Why the specs indicate only until 2017 version?
There isn't an enterprise installer available? How it works eventually the "enterprise edition"?

Thanks in advance

andre a

Hi Andre,

SQL Server 2019 is officially supported for version 6.8 and above. It is listed in the 6.8 release notes. We only have installers for the trial/learning edition and we have our normal installer available from the portal. The normal installer is the enterprise edition that you are looking for, I think.

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism

Also, what makes it the "enterprise edition" is having the paid license to activate it.

Gabe Marquez
Blue Prism

Thanks for the reply @gmarquez
yes for enterprise edition i meant the "paid version"​, so in case in the future i'll pay license can i add it to the trial edition?

andre a

Hi Andre,

Sorry for the late reply. You will not be able to convert the trial edition to an enterprise because of the database differences. The trial edition installs and utilizes the localdb database system and so it will not have the ability to support an enterprise edition. You could talk to sales team member to see about getting an evaluation license which will allow you to use the full enterprise version for a limited amount of time. This evaluation installation could be installed on a normal SQL server and allow you to upgrade your license and stay on the same SQL server.

Gabe Marquez
Blue Prism