cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Automation Reading issue

SIMENG_WANG
Level 3
Hi, I have some problem in reading the data from an image with surface automation. The text is: INC0018316, while the result from reading stage is IN 0018 1. Why do some of the characters can't be recognised, and how should I solve this problem? Thanks~
3 REPLIES 3

TimMorthorst1
Level 3
Your readings depend alot on how you choose to read. You can either just read the text directly automatically or do it by defining a new font in Blue Prism. With this not working for you, I would definitely advise you to define a specific font for this text and use that instead of the generic reader function.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If you are using character matching the my guess would be that you are using the wrong font - some fonts are very similar where some characters match but others are subtly different. Unfortunately often the only solution to finding the right font is brute force, although usually apps tend to use common fonts like Tahoma, Arial, Segoe UI etc.Alternatively try the OCR option - you don't need a font but you have accept the fact that the OCR engine (Google Tesseract) will 'work out' the result rather than give you a 100% match like Character matching does.

SIMENG_WANG
Level 3
Thank you guys! Problem solved by using OCR method.