cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The handle is invalid

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Hi Developers!   I contact you because my team and I we are experiencing an issue since we upgraded from version 5.0.3 to 6.0.1. "ERROR: Internal : Unexpected error The handle is invalid"   This is happening on VM's with Windows Server 2012 R2.   Any solutions for this?   Thanks for your collaboration!    
10 REPLIES 10

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Firstly, I hope what you are finding is part of a controlled upgrade of your environment rather than some kind of untested big roll out?   You should always test any product upgrade in a sandbox upgrade environment before a wider roll out.   Ok, preaching over!  Could you give some more details on exactly where this error is occuring, what interface, what stage, what platform component??

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Hello Denis!   Yes it is, we did a controlled upgrade on a sure environment. Positive test.   This is happening for an exception stage in different processes on different VM's.   I attach you a screenshot from the log.   The exception is healthy recovered and resumed respectively.   Thank you.

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Sorry for the unattach!

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Any suggestion?

TomaszAdamski
Level 5
AFAIK version 6.0 was designed for new installation only and was not recommended for upgrades.

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Hello TomekA!   Thanks for answering. The actual version where we're having this problem is the 6.1.0.992.   Still not recomended?   Thank you!

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Solved!

Akhlesh_KumarJi
Level 4
Hey Daniel, I also faced the same ""ERROR: Internal: Unexpected error The handle is invalid."" In my case, BP version is 6.01 and VMs are with windows server 2016 edition. The process is for browser automation and error comes when the process is running from runtime VMs. Could you please elaborate how the problem got solved? Thanks!

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Hi from Prosegur's CEAR! We had 2xProduction VM's working hardly and we solved changing the power option in the control panel of the VM's.      1.  Go to power options       2. Set High Performance and click on ""Change plan settings""        3. Set ""Never"" on both options [ a) turn of the display ""Never"" & b) put the computer to sleep ""Never""]      4.      Change advanced power settings on High Performance -> Require a password on wake up ->  NO.   We had multiple errors with this when unsetted. Hope u can solve it the same way!