cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To follow or not to follow...

PvD_SE
Level 12

Hi folks,

Previously, when I either wrote a post in this community or I responded to one, it was automatically marked for following. A nice black star would indicate this. I always found this a handy feature to keep track of the stuff that had my interest. Nowadays, I cannot choose to follow a post and it is not automatically marked for following either. 

Have I somehow magically lost the possibility to choose and follow posts or has the phenomenon simply been removed from this community? If the latter: why? If the former: what do I have to do to reinstate this feature?

------------------------------
Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden

Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Hey Paul!

This functionality is determined by the "Participation Emails" setting in your profile, which it looks like you've got turned off:

17421.png

If you turn this back on, that black star will appear for all threads you've participated in - and you'll receive email notifications about activity that involves your profile.

This setting getting turned off can be caused by clicking unsubscribe on the participation notifications sent to your inbox:

17422.png

Hope that helps!

💙 Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Hey Paul!

This functionality is determined by the "Participation Emails" setting in your profile, which it looks like you've got turned off:

17421.png

If you turn this back on, that black star will appear for all threads you've participated in - and you'll receive email notifications about activity that involves your profile.

This setting getting turned off can be caused by clicking unsubscribe on the participation notifications sent to your inbox:

17422.png

Hope that helps!

💙 Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)

Grand, that fixed it! Thanks!

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)