cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topology best practice

WilliamPatterso
Level 2
Hello everyone, What is the best topology to use for a production environment? We will have about 50 robots. Two questions: 1. Is there documentation on setting up an application server (between robot and the DB)? I cant seem to find that anywhere. 2. Is it common practice to put a load balancer between the robots and a couple application servers incase one app server goes down? Thank you for your help! Bill
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Bill - there's no single answer to 'best topology' but a good place to start is here https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/product/productpublic/5.0/Infrastructure%20and%20Installation/Blue%20Prism%20Data%20Sheet%20-%20Infrastructure%20Overview%20v5.0%20Enterprise%20Edition.pdfApp server set up details are in the installation guide.A load balancer is an option, and the recommendation is to have about 100 robots per app server.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should use Resource Pools as peterlacken suggested. You can also put a Load Balancer in front of App Servers and have Robots configured with LB. Just last week BP folks confirmed that I can use LB. I am going to try it out first before putting it in Prod...