cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert PDF To Txt file

ShakiratJimoh
Level 4
I have a PDF File that needs to be converted to a Text file. In order to use the File Management VBO Action Read all text from file. Please how do I go about this in blueprism.

I have tried opening the file using Microsft Word VBO, However, the files contains tables, hence when I copy and paste these records on excel, it doesn't paste the records in the right format as it is expected to be if I copy directly from the PDF or text file.

------------------------------
Shakirat Jimoh
RPA Developer
Waje Smart solutions
Africa/Lagos
10 REPLIES 10

Hi Shakirat,

There is an asset available on DX that can read text from PDF files. Here is the link to it https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/117528/solution/sabancidx---daily-pdf-actions

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi Shashank, Many thanks for the feedback. I tried downlaoding the VBO from the link you shared and also imported it to Blueprism. However, I am getting the following error "Could not load file or assembly 'itextsharp, Version=5.5.13.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8354ae6d2174ddca' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".  

Can you help me with this, I don't know what I am doing wrong to trigger this error.
14319.png
Thank you.

Shakirat Jimoh
RPA Developer
Waje Smart solutions
Africa/Lagos

Hi @Shakirat Jimoh,

Did you try placing the file in the Blueprism folder rather than placing the file in the Downloads folder?​

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

Hi @ritansh.jatwani,

I actually just tried placing the file in the Blueprism Folder and i am getting the same error.

Shakirat Jimoh
RPA Developer
Waje Smart solutions
Africa/Lagos

harish.m
Level 12
Hi Shakira,

You can easily convert pdf to text file. If the tables are missing in your text file while saving pdf to text file . Use Adobe acrobat dc and  convert the file into OCR and save as text file.

Thanks

Harish Mogulluri
developer
TCS
America/New_York
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi  Shakira,

I would  restart my PC and try again, if it is showing error even placing those

Harish Mogulluri
developer
TCS
America/New_York
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi @Shakirat Jimoh,

Post placing the files in the Blueprism folder, i would recommend to remove this row line item from Code options tab and again browse to the blueprism location (where the files are placed) so that the backend code gets refreshed automatically. ​Ideally, post performing browse option, it should not throw any error.

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

Hi Ritansh,

I carried out the action of browsing to the path as advised and the error still persists.

Shakirat Jimoh
RPA Developer
Waje Smart solutions
Africa/Lagos

Hi Harish,

The restarting did it for me. I restarted my system and it started working.  Thank you.

However, I am experiencing some other issues. I will attach screenshot to give a better understanding.
I noticed that the copied records obtained from the VBO when pasted into the excel workbook (It includes Macro) includes extra lines in the records, it also breaks a line of record into two rows instead of one row. Thus this affects the number of rows i expect to have and also when i apply the Macro in the Excel file, i do not get the right set of records required.

Shakirat Jimoh
RPA Developer
Waje Smart solutions
Africa/Lagos