cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to manipulate queue item reserved by another instance of the same business object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, We are planning to use a process template which is based on Blue Prism's official template but includes some customizations of our own. Our motivation is to enhance maintainability and decrease development hours per automated process by creating a business object which includes core functions. These core functionalities that have to be implemented in every automated process are queue handling and reporting. We faced an issue when testing this core object. See attached images. Following incident can be reproduced every time: 1. Begin process execution by running Start Up and Core. -> Core object A) locks pending item, B) hands it's item data to main process and C) exits to main process. 2. Work Steps are executed succesfully. 3. Core object is called second time in order to mark successfully executed item as Completed and to reserve new item from queue. -> When trying to mark the finished item completed, we get an error: 'Internal: The specified item was not locked by this business object' I'm a bit confused how to view this situation. On the other hand I understand it's important to ensure one item is not manipulated by totally unrelated process due to a bug in another Blue Prism process model. On the other hand technically the item was locked by this specific business object against what the error message states - unless error message refers to an instance of the business object. My questions are: 1. Is there some workaround? 2. Should this kind of restriction be put to use only on process level, not business object level? -Mikko Hallikainen- Picture 1: Process template on main level Picture 2: Core Business Object on main level Picture 3: Mark Item as Completed page
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Mikko - that should work, are you sure there isn't a mistake somewhere, like a mix up with the item ID?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Very strange. The rule is that the one who gets the item from the queue is one who owns the lock, and the owner of the lock must be the one who releases it, by calling Mark Complete, Mark Exception etc. I can't see that it has anything to do with your BP version.How about as a 'sanity check', create a new object with 2 pages, one that does Get Next Item and one that does Mark Complete. Then run a new process that uses the object. I did this yesterday (to remind/prove to myself that it should work) and it worked fine.If such a test works for you then there has to be something in your original process.