cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run applications that require "elevated rights".

Pedro_AugustoBo
Level 2
Hello all,

How do I create objects for applications that require elevated rights to access? I have already set-up everything correctly in Application Modeler, but when I press "Launch" it prompts me to insert the credentials for elevated rights, which, after entered correctly, results in an error. Is it possible to configure BP to run the application without required elevated rights? If not, how do I re-configure the application to run without requiring elevated rights?

Thank for all your help in advance, 

Pedro B.
São Paulo, Brazil

------------------------------
Pedro Augusto Bolsonaro
1 REPLY 1

EmersonF
MVP

Hello Pedro, how are you?

Suffering from this when I tried to create a Windows Service Control VBO, only resolved if I ran Blue Prism as an administrator, but this is not a good practice and the compliance and marketing team did not let my asset rise in DX for that reason.

So I thought of going two ways:

1st Treat the administrator popup in the flow (You will have to have the login and password, the IT team is unlikely to provide)
2nd Use a windows credential and use Runas passing the windows credential as a parameter (You will only need to configure this credential only once on each machine)

However, I was very busy and I was unable to proceed with the tests.

But here's a video to serve as a base: Comando Runas - Executar programas como Administrador no Windows 7, 8.1,10 com Runas - YouTube

If it works, share it with us here, I will be grateful: D

If it helped you, mark it as useful: D

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil