cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled error in the ISStop Requested causing bot termination

harish.m
Level 12

Hello everyone,

Recently we are seeing some termination in unattended bots. I don't find any logs for termination in either session logs or work queue item  logs but noticed error in run time resource

Error:

"Unhandled error occured in the IsstopRequested function: Execution time out expired. the time out period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding" Operation cancelled by the user

Unfortunately no user cancelled the request and also other VM's which are running the same process with out any issues.

Currently we are in BP 6.10.2 Version

My question is what would be the reason for this error  how to resolve this issue in the future?

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]
2 REPLIES 2

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Harish,

Although you state "no user canceled the request", the error message is stating this is the case -- have you checked the Audit Logs to determine if there's any useful info in there around the time of the error about user activity?

Just as well, it's common practice to add user info to the exception information when using the 'IsStopRequested()' function in a Process -- do you have this set up (see screenshot)?

If you can confirm a human user did not perform this action, it may be the service account/bot user cancelling the operation due to the execution timeout. Since you state this is only occurring on one VM, the investigative next-steps would be to check into environmental differences or connectivity issues observed on that VM around the time of failure as it states a timeout occurred and there may have been a problem reaching the server.

harish.m
Level 12

Hi @SteveBoggs,

Thanks for providing some insight, I verified the audit logs unfortunatley I dont see anything indicating that.

I think if it is a user it might indicate some logs in session logs but nothing in session logs indicating that(We used log errors only).

Currently we are having issue on 2 VM's. I assume it might be more kind of environmental related. 
My next step is verifying the event log and observe any  thing related to it. Do you think or suggest anything else ? to find out the root cause of termination?

I probably reach VM team to compare the VM's. 

Regarding the exception info : Having user info on exception is good approach, Can you help me to understand   the reason for doing it since throwing that as an exception will potential lead for termination of process? or  it will be further to handled to complete the process gracefully and having that info  in the logs which help to identify who requested to stop the process.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]