cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Environment Variable by updating BP database

mary_angeliquea
Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to update an environment variable other than using the BP GUI. I can make the CLI /setev method work but if the value of the variable contains numerous lines and characters requiring escape, it fails. I read that the update can be made directly using the Data - SQL Server VBO but I think it's only applicable if the connection is based off SQL server. We are currently using the Blue Prism server ( https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-9/en-us/helpConnections.htm?tocpath=Interface%7CAdvanced%20options%7C_____3 )so I could not identify and not really sure which database I should be updating. In my current configuration, I can only see the Server Name, Connection Mode, Port, etc. Hoping to get some answers here.. 

------------------------------
mary angelique acuna
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

And the table name of the Environment Variable is "BPAEnvironmentVar" within the Blue Prism SQL database.

17504.png

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It would not be a good approach to touch and update the BluePrism DB directly to change EVs.

I would suggest using an alternative approach such as the use of Configuration Files. Config files are really helpful when you expect values to be updated with the passage of time.

Check out this  #BPTechTips on the same if that helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

And the table name of the Environment Variable is "BPAEnvironmentVar" within the Blue Prism SQL database.

17504.png

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji