cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use MS Access Application GUI - Slow to execute

GCollin
Level 2

Hi, 

I'm currently working on Microsoft Access Application Form automation. 

Everything works fine, I'm able to attach the application, spy element by using AA Mode but as soon as I need to highlight the element, it can take 2 minutes to find the element in the application, and the slowness is the same when I use the navigate stage(e.g. Global Mous Click Centre).

I know the reason, there's a lot of element in this MS access application (over 800) , so I've tried many combinations of attributes in the application modeller to optimize the search. Match index is always 1 for every element and ordinal as well. (Picture 1). 

My solution will be to point directly to an element by getting his ancestor from InspectTool (Picture 2), but so far I'm not sure it's possible to do that.

Does anyone has already facing to that kind of problem? 

Picture 1

18246.jpg

Picture 2

18247.jpg

------------------------------
G Collin
5 REPLIES 5

GopalBhaire
Level 10

MS Access GUI can be quite slow to spy and having 800 elements on screen can surely be slow, have you tried UI Mode?

If you;re getting data you can try connecting to it using OLEDB, You can also run queries but that can be risky.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

DaveMorris
Level 14
You mentioned Match Index is 1 for every element, but the image doesn't show the Match Index attribute selected.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi Dave , Gopal,

I've tried a lot of combinations but not with Match Index selected 😞 , so I've selected it, and that fix the slowness issue. So now everything works fine

Thank you very much for the hint !:)

G Collin

Nice spot @Dave Morris

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Match Index is my best friend. 😃