cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using JSON VBO

MichelHelmy
Level 2
I am using a REST Web service to use an api and I can't seem to use the JSON VBO correctly. I can not form the JSON request correctly. How can I use the collection to JSON action correctly?
15 REPLIES 15

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
To save time I recommend searching this forum for answers on a topic before raising a new thread. This previous discussion includes a release attachment that shows how to use the JSON/HTTP objects to consume a webservice: https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/general-discussion/general-discussion/consuming-external-rest-web-services

GregorioVirtuda
Level 3
Did the JSON VBO returns an error? Or the output is different from what you expected? Maybe you could share further details..

EsraaGamil
Level 2
Hello, I am using Blue Prism V6.2, and I used the code that you provided, and It doesn't work with me. While running the process I am receiving this error: ""Internal : Could not run the object because one of the code stages has a compile error, use Check for Errors for a list of problems"" at the ""Get"" action After debugging I found the root cause of the error and It's in the ""Global Code"" part of the JSON business object as shown at the attached image. The Errors: 1-  'JavaScriptConvert' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. 2-  Type 'JavaScriptArray' is not defined. 3- Type 'JavaScriptObject' is not defined. I couldn't solve the errors, so please help. Is there a missing .dll file? Thanks.

TobiasArnold
Level 6
I can confirm this issue. I'm using BP V6.1 and there seems to be a missmatch between the ""Utility - JSON"" object and the provided Newtonsoft.Json.dll You have two options Search the web for the appropriate NewtonSoft.Json.dll (mabye it is part of an old BP Release?!) Rewrite the utility code to provide a modern JsonConverter (I had choosen this way. If you are interested in this object drop me a line) Greetings Tobias

Sambashiva_RaoT
Level 4
Hi toarnold,   Good Day.   Can you please share the object here. Thanks in advance.   Regards Sambashiva

SridharAnnadur1
Level 2
Hi,   I m facing the same issue. The default utility -JSON is giving compiler errors at global code. please provide me with solution. thanks in advance

K_PrabhuChaitan
Level 2
Hi, The CollectiontoJSON Utility has a bug post BluePrism upgrade to V6.2. Can you please fix it ? Regards, Prabhu

TobiasArnold
Level 6
Hello friends, sorry about the delay, but I took my holidays ;-) Attched is my version of a JSON deserializer/serializer object. It should work with the NewtonSoft.JSON.dll in the BP 6 folder. Try it and let me know about issues. Have fun ;-) toarnold

NilanshuSoni
Level 4
Can you please share the newtonsoft.json file as well to be used with the object?