cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility - Environment VBO start process unable to launch batch file from directory

sastharpa
MVP
I am unable to launch/execute a batch file from a any directory, the navigation/path mentioned in the argument tab is not taking effect. Is there any solution on how to open a batch using Utility -Environment start process.

However, if I place the batch in the default cmd location it worked.
VL Ganesh
Tech Arch RPA
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @sastharpa

I think the problem with this is related with the paths that you have inside your process.

For example, if you want to run and exe file, and you create a .bat file to call it. Something like this:​

".\myprocess.exe"

This will probably do nothing, cause the working path in this case is the Blue Prism install folder (usually C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate)

For solving this, put absolute paths instead of relative paths (From the example above, c:\myfolder\myprocess.exe)

Another way to solve this, is using the Action "Run Process Until Ended" from the same VBO. This action gives you the posibility to spcify the working folder. If you have problems with the paths, this is the best solution. 

36711.png
Try with this.

Hope this helps you! And if this solves the problem, remember mark as the best answer 🙂

See you in the Community, bye 🙂

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @sastharpa

I think the problem with this is related with the paths that you have inside your process.

For example, if you want to run and exe file, and you create a .bat file to call it. Something like this:​

".\myprocess.exe"

This will probably do nothing, cause the working path in this case is the Blue Prism install folder (usually C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate)

For solving this, put absolute paths instead of relative paths (From the example above, c:\myfolder\myprocess.exe)

Another way to solve this, is using the Action "Run Process Until Ended" from the same VBO. This action gives you the posibility to spcify the working folder. If you have problems with the paths, this is the best solution. 

36711.png
Try with this.

Hope this helps you! And if this solves the problem, remember mark as the best answer 🙂

See you in the Community, bye 🙂