cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility - File Managment

JPierce
Level 2

JPierce_1-1710870417703.png

Is there anyway to work with shares, and or direct connections?

For instance the example in the picture, there is no DNS for that server as it is our IBM. Im probably just being silly about it, but any ideas?

Thanks,

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Daniel_Sanhueza
Level 8

Hi JPierce, I've worked with shared folders all the time with that utility and only doesnt work when the resource couldnt connect with the server (some cleanups are needed or even a restart works), but Im not sure how different it my case from yours. Have you tried some test on that? If it give you an error, could you post it ? It may help to troubleshoot the issue better.

Regards!

Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Daniel_Sanhueza
Level 8

Hi JPierce, I've worked with shared folders all the time with that utility and only doesnt work when the resource couldnt connect with the server (some cleanups are needed or even a restart works), but Im not sure how different it my case from yours. Have you tried some test on that? If it give you an error, could you post it ? It may help to troubleshoot the issue better.

Regards!

Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte

JPierce
Level 2

It was definitely some connectivity issue i think, ended up mapping a drive to the address and then trying the same syntax and it worked!

Thank you!