cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Resolution for Login Agent

SahilBasal
Level 2
Hi All,

We had a query regarding the resolution picked by VM running via Login Agent. Does it always pick resolution which is set as default on VM, irrespective of the value, or there are certain discrete values for resolution which are supported by Login Agent ?

Regards,
Sahil
3 REPLIES 3

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
Login Agent won't affect the resolution. Login Agent works on the console session of the VM, so the resolution will be entirely controlled by Windows settings.

Hi, Sahil,

to be 100% precise if you are using vSphere there is a setting in vmx (I think) which sets the default resolution for VM when Login Agent logs in. As Nicholas correctly mentioned Login Agent does not affect resolution in any way. So if you need certain resolution to be set you need to configure your VM machine.

Regards,

Zdenek

Walter.Koller
Level 11
Hi,

I am not aware of any 'default resolution' for Login Agent.

I just did some tests using Utility Environment / Get Screen Resolution action no one of my VM and I cannot exact say what causes a change of screen resolution for Blue Prism. 

We have two ways of connecting to our VM, either Citrix/RDP or VNC. 

The screen resolution in Citrix/RDP cannot be manually changed directly but will follow the dimensions of the window the VM is running in.
Also Citrix remembers the last used window size when connecting again. I am not sure if this window size is per user (this means one user cannot affect another user's desktop resolution on this VCI) or generally valid for this VM (a change of desktop resolution affects all users). But I place a bet there is only one resolution setting for all users no this VM.

Changing desktop resolution in VNC will also change the desktop resolution for all upcoming sessions.

An insufficient desktop resolution or a change of resolution from development to production environment may have impact on your process execution.
The higher your desktop resolution is the less it will impact your processes. For BP there is not much difference to work on 1920x1080 or 1600x1200 as long as all UI elements are visible.

Except is Screen Capture automation, this will always be impacted in any type of change in resolution, DPI, window location, ...

I hope this answers your question.