cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Lock Screen disabled after installing Blue Prism 6.10

TelmoSantos
Level 2

Hi Community,
After installing BP 6.10, the Windows Lock Screen, Win Key+L and the lock option at Ctrl-Alt-Del screen disappear.

Does anyone know how does Blue Prism change this and how to revert it?

I've found the registry key (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableLockWorkstation) is set to 1 after the installation and if I set it at 0 the Lock options are back, but after some time (~15 mins) it sets itself to 1 again.

Thanks,

Telmo

------------------------------
Telmo Santos
5 REPLIES 5

EVIPUTI
MVP
Hi @Telmo Santos Have you installed login agent ?  I have seen these security policy changing after installing login agent !​

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

Hi Vipal,
Thank you for your answer.

I had that doubt too, so I installed it fresh on a new computer and didn't even configure the connections and I got the same result!

Thanks,
Telmo

Telmo Santos

if you are on your personal, PC then why not try installing the latest version 7 on it,

MuraliKrishna
Senior Consultant - Automation Developer

EVIPUTI
MVP
@Telmo Santos I think this is because of corporate group policy than . The Group Policy from the domain will likely override any change you make. If this is creating an issue for your work, why not contact the admin and look at solutions. Making changes may be a violation of corporate policy and have consequences.

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

Hi @Telmo Santos,

As correctly suggested by @Vipul Tiwari, ​​this is happening due to corporate group policy changes only. The organizations have certain batch jobs running at the backend at frequent intervals which keeps on reverting the changes you have applied. You need to reach out to admin of IT team who can make an exception to the group policy so that the changes won't revert back.

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer