cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

count number of words present

AnushaGP
Level 3
How to count a Number of words present in the sentence in BP?

------------------------------
Anusha GP
2 REPLIES 2

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Anusha,

Search the forum for an exact copy of your question

In general you could say that many a question that you may encounter perhaps are already tackled by someone else. Before launching a new question it would be advisable to search this forum for your answer. In this case, you would have the answer by now and would not have posted your question.

That said (1), the search capabilities on this forum are rackety at best. I prefer searching this forum using google, but I reckon you can use any other search engine. That said (2), writing this in this post might either incite BP to improve the search on this forum, or they might think that search engines already did this job for BP. I hope they go for the former.

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Hi @AnushaGP

​You can achieve this easly with the Split text action that you can find the in the VBO Utility - Strings

This action split your sentences by the split character that you define, in your case an space " ".
16849.png
Then you will get a collection, one row per word. You can use Count Rows from the internal VBO Collections to get the number of rows
16850.png

Hope this helps you! And if this solves the problem, remember mark as the best answer 🙂

See you in the Community, bye!

Pablo Sarabia
Solution Manager & Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid