cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database maintenance

JavierJiménez1
Level 2
Hello,

For a few days now we have been having slow problems when opening blueprism and those in charge of maintaining the database tell us that the load of logs and audits is being overloaded, they have asked us to review and most of our processes work in log mode "Errors Only" hence my question,
is there a table that indicates the maintenance or standards recommended by blueprism? Are there queries to clean and maintain log tables?

------------------------------
Javier Jiménez
RPA Developer
Accenture
Europe
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

AllanRo
Level 4

Hi Javier

From my experience, maintenance on the Database is very important.  There are a few tables that need to be regularly maintained, i.e.  BPASessionLog_NonUnicode, BPAWorkQueueItem, BPAWorkQueueItemTag.  There are others like schedule log and audit logs etc. 

In terms of the retention of data, this is based on your business and what they comfortable with to remove.  I know Blue Prism suggests that you drop it down to the minimum number of days where possible, like 7 days but in our environment, we need to keep 31 days for customer queries where they will query the work queue tables for case data evidence.  

There are standard scripts that is provided for maintenance and to obtain them you need to log a ticket with support. I find that the standard scripts are not that efficient in larger environments, but never had an issue with them in our non-prod databases. However, we engaged with Chris McGowan (Blue Prism PS), to help create scripts that are much more efficient, there are separate scripts that can be run to plan log space and there is a monitor script that he helped us with to track progress and then the maintenance scripts.  These scripts that he helped us with perform well and we were able to get through maintenance relatively easy.  The past weekend we just managed to clean out over 170 millions rows from our session log and workqueue tables. 

Hope that helps!

Good luck

Allan

Allan Ross
Digital Technologist
Nedbank
Europe/London

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AllanRo
Level 4

Hi Javier

From my experience, maintenance on the Database is very important.  There are a few tables that need to be regularly maintained, i.e.  BPASessionLog_NonUnicode, BPAWorkQueueItem, BPAWorkQueueItemTag.  There are others like schedule log and audit logs etc. 

In terms of the retention of data, this is based on your business and what they comfortable with to remove.  I know Blue Prism suggests that you drop it down to the minimum number of days where possible, like 7 days but in our environment, we need to keep 31 days for customer queries where they will query the work queue tables for case data evidence.  

There are standard scripts that is provided for maintenance and to obtain them you need to log a ticket with support. I find that the standard scripts are not that efficient in larger environments, but never had an issue with them in our non-prod databases. However, we engaged with Chris McGowan (Blue Prism PS), to help create scripts that are much more efficient, there are separate scripts that can be run to plan log space and there is a monitor script that he helped us with to track progress and then the maintenance scripts.  These scripts that he helped us with perform well and we were able to get through maintenance relatively easy.  The past weekend we just managed to clean out over 170 millions rows from our session log and workqueue tables. 

Hope that helps!

Good luck

Allan

Allan Ross
Digital Technologist
Nedbank
Europe/London

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Javier - if you create a ticket the Support team will be able to advise you.

John Carter
Blue Prism

hi,

Thank you for your help, I have also opened a support ticket so that they can help me regarding this issue.

Thanks greetings.

Javier Jiménez
RPA Developer
Accenture
Europe/Madrid