cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between Focus and Verify

CarlosGomez1
Level 3
Hi ,i am having some issues When I use Focus in a spied field before the action, i change it to 'Verify" and works fine. But i am not sure when use Focus or use Verify.

I use BP 7.1 with JDEdwards.

Any help will be appreciated.
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

JacobClary
Staff
Staff
Hey Carlos, I hope you are doing well. I will do my best to try and explain the difference between verify and focus below. 

Focus - This will interact with the target application, and move the focus to the specified element. A comparison would be like clicking inside of a textbox to "focus" it and type inside of it.

Verify - This will not interact with the target application like focus does, but it will instead verify that Blue Prism can identify the target element with the supplied parameters. There is also an additional option with verify that allows you to highlight as well. 

I hope that helps!
Jacob Clary Senior Product Support Engineer Blue Prism

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

JacobClary
Staff
Staff
Hey Carlos, I hope you are doing well. I will do my best to try and explain the difference between verify and focus below. 

Focus - This will interact with the target application, and move the focus to the specified element. A comparison would be like clicking inside of a textbox to "focus" it and type inside of it.

Verify - This will not interact with the target application like focus does, but it will instead verify that Blue Prism can identify the target element with the supplied parameters. There is also an additional option with verify that allows you to highlight as well. 

I hope that helps!
Jacob Clary Senior Product Support Engineer Blue Prism