cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to release occupied license session

EricLi
Level 6

Check in DB, a decommissioned run-time resource have been occupying one session for long time. How can I release this session occupied? Many appreciate if you can provide me scripts if necessary. Thanks!

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Eric - if the resource is still listed in System>Resources>Management>Retired Resources, un-retire it by dragging it back in to the Active Resources list. Then if the session is Pending, you should be able to delete it from Control Room. If the DB 'thinks' the session is still running, then you'll need to update the row in the BPASession table to make the session complete. If might be best to raise a ticket to ask the Support team for a script, but I think the fields to update are endatetime, lastupdated and statusid=4.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Eric - if the resource is still listed in System>Resources>Management>Retired Resources, un-retire it by dragging it back in to the Active Resources list. Then if the session is Pending, you should be able to delete it from Control Room. If the DB 'thinks' the session is still running, then you'll need to update the row in the BPASession table to make the session complete. If might be best to raise a ticket to ask the Support team for a script, but I think the fields to update are endatetime, lastupdated and statusid=4.