cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing releasefile using AutomateC

Sudharsana_RaoT
Level 4
Hi,   I have a release a file in my local desktop, is there any CMD command which can import this release file into a dbconname. I need help on the following command from CMD, AutomateC /sso /dbconname="conName" /import "releaseName" I am getting error like "......root element id it should be " Is there any way that I can import whole release in a BP environment rather importing a process.   Thanks and Regards, sudharsan.
12 REPLIES 12

DaveMorris
Level 14
Check the documentation on command line options again. You want /importrelease not /import.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

AndrzejKaczor
Level 4
Hi David, would you be so kind to pint me to the direction of that documentation? I spent 10 minutes searching for that and couldn't find it anywhere here.   Thanks Andrzej

DaveMorris
Level 14
Hi Andrzej, In Blue Prism, hit F1 (or click ? at the top right) and in the Search tab, search for ""command line"". Then you can use CTRL+F on the page to find importrelease. Respectfully, Dave

Sudharsana_RaoT
Level 4
Hi Dave, I am lookin for CMD line command, not from BluePrism client wizard. Thanks, Sudharsan

AlexanderSuckow
Level 2
Hi,   you can find this info in the F1-Help under ""Advanced Topcis"" and ""Command Line Options"".   Best regards

UdayArikatla
Level 4
Release import is successfully from command prompt in Blue Prism v6 with AutomateC /sso /dbconname=""conName"" /import ""releaseName"" But Release import is failing from command prompt in Blue Prism v5.0.35 Need help with release import from command prompt in Blue Prims v5.0.35

DaveMorris
Level 14
/importrelease not /import /importrelease is for .bprelease files which is a grouping of BP components such as objects or processes /import is for individual objects or processes that need to be imported individually

Sujan_ReddyJill
Level 2
What options do I have to import a bprelease file with SSO disabled(due to company policy)?

DaveMorris
Level 14
You don't have to use SSO. The examples that were mentioned here are simply because most organizations use SSO. In the same place that you see '/sso', you just use the username and password options like this: /user AutomateC /user yourBPUsername yourBPPassword /dbconname=""connection name here"" /importrelease ""release path here