cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Run Now" not working for specific users

Marcde_Leon1
Level 2
Hello,   Just wanted to ask and check, is the "Run Now" functionality in the scheduler tied to specific roles or setting? We are encountering an issue where some of my colleagues cannot trigger the processes via this function but I am able to. We have the same level of access in terms of Blue Prism roles.   Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

DebbieWalsh
Level 4
We are experiencing same in BP 6.4. We recently made some changes to our roles and security, however we aren't able to see how to allow users to run now without actually allowing them to edit and create schedules.   
Debbie Walsh Manager, System Analyst[JobTitle] Mackenzie Investments Canada

AmiBarrett
Level 12
We're experiencing this in 5.4 as well. If the schedule doesn't work, we are able to successfully place the process in pending by dragging it onto the desired resource. From there, we can right click the pending session and tell it to run. I should say that this wasn't always the case in this environment.

AdamHolubik
Level 2
We are experiencing at least a similar issue, where users that are outside of the timezone of the server cause the server to schedule the process for their system time. We are currently using version 5. Example: The server is in the US (using EST), the user is in Europe (using UTC); when the user selects 'Run Now' on a schedule at 10am UTC, the server sets the schedule to start at 10am EST.  

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
This is a common issue, we've all seen it on the forums a few times.  No fix from BP yet though.  There is some issue with the Blue Prism Application server communicating with the Listener.  Solution to temporarily resovle this and other issues with the scheduler is to restart the BP app server and then restart each client machine. That should get things working for a few days before some machine stops responding again and you have to restart again.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
@AHolubik - That would explain some things, and would certainly line up with some of their other timezone-related patches. I'm (somewhat) surprised it's not all stored as UTC.