Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view log issue

chandra_mohan_1
Level 2
Unable to view the process logs.

Please find the details below .

select 'view log', and then this message comes up:
"An error occurred while retrieving the logs: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."

------------------------------
chandra mohan reddy pinnamreddy
3 REPLIES 3

KrishnaA
Staff
Staff
Hello Chandra Mohan,

"View Log" is a DB resource-intensive activity.  Looking at the error, it appears to be an issue with your DB server's performance.  Is this your development environment?  What is the SQL Server version?   Try restarting SQL Server services and check.

Best regards,

Krishna A
Blue Prism
Krishna A [CompanyName]

Camilo_AndresDu
Level 2
I got the same problem in my production environment, my SQL version is the 2016 and I restarted SQL Services and it dind't work

Camilo Andres Duarte Rincon

Hi Chandra / Camilo,

The "View Log" runs a simple select statement against the BPASessionLog_Unicode and BPASessionLog_NonUnicode tables filtering on the session number for which you selected "View Log". The default timeout setting within the Blue Prism Application for this operation is 60 seconds. As by default this action only returns the first 1000 records it would suggest that there is an issue preventing SQL Server from reading the required data within the defined application timeout, 60 seconds is an extremely long time for SQL Server to complete this kind of request. There could be any number of reasons for this;

• CPU Pressure
  • Memory Pressure
  • Other processes blocking the request
  • Large data sets (very large session log table, 10's or millions of records or hundreds of gigabytes in size)
  • Large number of records for this particular session
  • Heavily fragmented indexes
  • Out of date statistics

I would recommend logging a support ticket, Please speak to your DBA team to check the above and provide as much information as possible to assist in resolving the issue as quickly as possible.

Regards

Chris

Chris McGowan
Senior Technical Consultant
Blue Prism