cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work with MS WORD

Hello All, I have some scenarios to do some manupilations with MS WORD 1.Need to Check Check boxes. 2. Need to select drop downs and selecting the Value. 3.Say, table is in 10th page, how i can redirected to that page and I need to take each cell values and need to write back some updated value to that table back.. Can we do all above scenarios. If yes, Please suggest me.. Many Thanks.   regards, Naveen  
4 REPLIES 4

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi Naveen G 1) Is possibly, if you can locate text before or after the checkbox and able highlight the checkbox, then you can use the MS Word VBO action ""Set Selected Checkbox"" to tick and untick checkboxes. Alternatively you can use the MS Word VBO action ""Select Next Field"" to go from checkbox to checkbox. 2) Not sure how this is possible, you might need to spy a Word document where you spy a dropdown element, but how to ensure that you press the correct dropdown, I have no clue. Perhaps other BP users, have suggestions? Can you send a test document with an example of a dropdown box in word? 3a) In order to locate the cell value, you can use the MS Word VBO action ""Get Table Cell Value"", e.g Table number = 1, cell x = 1, cell y = 1 to get cell 1 in column 1 in table 1 in document. However this action only works immediately after opening the document, after a couple of action, it starts producing strange errors, I have tried on office 2007. After reading cell value, you can use MS Word VBO action ""Set Table Cell Value"" to set a new value in respective cell. Alternatively you need to find a way to spy Tables in a word application, highlight table and copy cell values to a collection or to notepad to manipulate the text and paste it back into the table. But I would attempt with the actions in the MS Word VBO first. Good luck BR, Mustafa

Hi Mustafa,  Thanks for inputs .. can you please eloberate the Point 1 solution.  Please find attached document for Checkboxes and drop downs   Thanks, Naveen

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi NaveenG Just to clarify, are you reading protected-fillable (allowing the user to fill the form) or unprotected Word documents with the checkboxes and dropdown? because they require different steps. Checkboxes: If you are reading an unprotected Word document, you can use the action described above to navigate between and check checkboxes. Are you reading a protected Word document, you can use tab to switch between ALL form components, but you have no way of knowing what type of component it is. Dropdowns: If you are reading an unprotected Word document, selecting dropdowns require a double click on the dropdown component and selecting from pop-up the value. Selecting dropdowns when protected requires the keyboard combination ""ALT + Down arrow"", and selecting a value by sending ""Down arrow"" whatever times necessary to select the correct dropdown value. So all in all, not an easy task, but I think you would be better off creating a Word BO, not the one shipped with BP, but one where you run Word.exe and spy these mentioned elements in Word, so that you can differentiate between the different types of form components. Not an easy task, but not impossible either. BR, Mustafa

Hi mustafauy, Thanks for Inputs. As of this an sample document we have created by own , we dont know what kind of document we need to work. as of now we got info form client we have some work on ws word thats it Regards, Naveen