cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mainframe Object - Session dosent exist Exception -'Generic HLLAPI' type of Mainframe Application

Kiran_P
Level 3
Am getting the following error when Attaching Mainframe application session after Launching (Am also providing the session Identifier -  "A" in Navigate stage used for attaching) Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Attach FM Session' on page 'Attach' - Session 'A' doesn't not exist. You must 'Launch' first Please find the image of the Application Modeller  Am using 'Generic HLLAPI' as the type of Mainframe Application Do I need to create any Session Identifier in my Mainframe application? Please help me in solving this issue
3 REPLIES 3

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi Kiranponkal I am guessing you are trying to connect to Attachmate/Micro-Focus Reflection mainframe. You can find the guide for how to configure reflection for ibm8 here (https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2017-09/How%20to%20configure%20Micro%20Focus%20Reflection%20for%20IBM%208.pdf). I believe the issue is the DLL Name, where you are pointing to the EHLAPI32.DLL instead of the HLLAPI32.DLL file. Other than that, you need to ensure that the HLLAPI application short name (session host identifier) is set in Reflection Terminal setup to be the same identifier, that you have specified in the application modeller. If this identifier changes when you terminate/kill application (which you sometimes need to do), then you need to work around this by somehow reading the session host identifier the session has, before you can attach to the Reflection Mainframe application in your Mainframe BO with the correct session host identifier. The session host identifier is sometimes not possible to read via Mainframe BO and has to be read with a Win32 BO, that starts the Reflection application and reads the session host identifier, somewhere in the user interface of the mainframe application or in the settings of the application. Hope it works if you change the DLL name and that the session host identifier stays put, once set. Good luck. BR, Mustafa 

Kiran_P
Level 3
Hi Mustafa, Thanks for the reply. Am working on Attachmate Reflection Mainframe. I tried changing the DLL name and setting short name, but it still shows the same error - Session 'A' doesn't not exist. You must 'Launch' first.

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi kiranponkal Which HLLAPI application short name (session host identifier) is set in Reflection Terminal setup? Have you tried a 2 BO setup where you launch Attachmate Reflection Mainframe with a Win32 BO and launch and attach with a Mainframe BO? BR, Mustafa