cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LubosGurka
Level 5

Would it be possible for new versions of BluePrism to connect to older version BP servers?
I do understand why old version would not be able to connect to new server, but the other way around should be very possible and with multiple environments, where production is usually upgraded the last I believe the ability of new version to connect to older server would be incredibly helpful.

8 Comments
Jonas
Level 4
Yes, I totally agree. In our setup we have DEV/TEST/PROD environments, and during the upgrade cycle it can get quite complicated as there always is a moment where nobody can access all environments at the same time, at least not without reinstalling the client repeatedly.
LubosGurka
Level 5
There is a way of having multiple BP clients functional on one machine. Not sure if it works with all versions, but it does with 6.5 and 6.8. Simply have to install them in different folders.
YasuyukiKoike
Level 6
I hope that can be multi version install to the Interactive Client.

@LubosGurka
I could not multi version install to my BP Client. Could you please let me know how to do that?​
LubosGurka
Level 5
@YasuyukiKoike
Sure. Normally the version that is already installed in its default folder, simply rename the folder e.g. "Blue Prism Automate 6.6", so the new version does not overwrite it.
And then simply install the new version.
Both versions share the connection configuration so that needs to be compatible.
YasuyukiKoike
Level 6
@LubosGurka
Thanks for your information. Let me try to that.
LubosGurka
Level 5
Well William, if you would look at the date of posting, you would quickly realize, that my post is 3 months older than "Backward Compatibility", thus that is a duplicate of mine, not the other way around.
Hi Lubos, 

Thanks so much for submitting your idea! We are moving it into the Under Consideration status while we route the idea through our internal review process. 

We will update you as your idea moves along the lifecycle.

Thank you!
Melanie 

Hi @LubosGurka,

When reviewing ideas raised for the Blue Prism product suite, I noted that there are two very similar ideas for the same feature. Looking at the comments I believe this has already been mentioned previously.

We are currently unable to "merge" ideas together and as such our process is to mark the idea with less votes as duplicate, pointing users instead to upvote the idea with the larger number of votes if they have not already.

As such, I'm marking this idea as Duplicate in favour of the higher voted idea here.

Regards,

Rob