cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neel1
MVP

Currently there is no option to add custom word template in the setting option in capture. This hold true till version 3.1. this feature once added  will save time for org not to copy paste the information from capture doc file to their own file.

3 Comments
Definitely a must add-on for COE's having their own custom formats. Upvoted!
Neel1
MVP

Hi Neeraj, 

Thanks for your continuous efforts in improving our products and your contributions to the community. 

I want to take a moment, to recognise the gap that we have in the product in this space. We understand how important it is to further customise the PDD exports. 

At this moment, after finalising the work for Capture v4.0 scheduled to be released in the coming week, we are working on creating a web-native experience for Capture. There is a lot of work to be done in this space, and once we have everything up and running, we can be a lot more responsive with our releases and include great ideas like this in our scope of delivery. I mentioned this to make sure I set the right expectation on this matter. 

There is a workaround available which requires due diligence and I would strongly advise you to follow instructions carefully. Any breakages because of this workaround will not be supported by our GCS team. 

Please save a copy of the template found in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Blue Prism\Capture\templates. If there are any errors with the PDD export, you can replace the edited template with this backup rather than having to re-install Capture.

1. Navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Blue Prism\Capture\templates

2. Save a backup of the PDD template file (bp_p2docx_tpl_v3.2.0.docx)

3. Open the template

4. Add any additional sections to the PDD you wish

1. The Styles at the top of Word can be used to maintain the same formatting

5. IMPORTANT: Do not edit or delete any of the placeholder tags, denoted by the {}.

1. For example, {{process_steps}}. This is what Capture will use to populate the PDD with the recorded steps.

6. Update the contents table on page 2 to reflect the changes to the sections

7. Save and close the document

8. When exporting to PDD, the file will contain the additional headings/sections

9. Note: as this is a custom edit to the template, this will need to be done on every machine that has Capture installed

Hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Cheers,

Omid