cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be awesome if we could get collection row(and field) count directly from the calculator instead of resorting to Action block.
5 Comments
AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Len([Collection]) returning number of rows would make sense and that is what you want most of the time.
AmyTsaousi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Etienne, 

Thank you for submitting your idea. We've reviewed your idea but require some more information to confidently progress with scoring your idea. Can you confirm if this is is a new function that you can use in a calculation or decision stage? 

Thank you so much, 
Amy

AmyTsaousi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Étienne,

The idea review team still need more information before we can comfortably assess the next status for your idea.

As it's been longer than a month since we requested more information, will leave your idea open under the status of ‘Need more info’ for a further month. However, if we don’t hear back from you we will close the idea and mark it as ‘Not planned’.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me a private message on the community. I will be happy to help.

All the best,
Amy

AlhanaStarbreez
Level 3
Amy, it would make sense for Len([Collection]) to return row count in Calculation/Decision stages.This is the most common use case. In that case that would be existing function, but it would work for a new input type.

Although, Etienne mentioned both rows and columns count, so that could be two new collection-specific functions instead, something like CountRows([Collection]) and CountFields([Collection]). 

Either way it would save an extra actions call and simplify the process flow every time you need row count.
AmyTsaousi
Community Team
Community Team
Hi all, 
While we haven't received a response from the idea originator, we’re taking the idea forwards for consideration off the back of Alhana Starbreeze's reply, presuming this is what is meant. Therefore, I've changed the status to 'Reviewed'. Please check back for updates in the future as the idea proceeds through the ideation journey. 

Many thanks,
Amy