cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It would be great to have the ability to debug (i.e. stepping line by line, setting breakpoints etc.) inside a code stage. 

This would make it easier to identify where the errors occur and would save us a lot of time when developing objects with code stages. 

If we could see the variable values while debugging in a code stage (like in i.e Excel VBA) that would also be very useful. 

2 Comments
AmyTsaousi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Alexander

Thanks for submitting your idea, the team really like it and think it will be a very useful feature. I’ve updated the status to Under Consideration and you will see updates here as it progresses through the process.

Best Regards,

Amy

Hello @alexander.breyholtz,

Thank you for taking the time to raise an idea.

Having considered our future options for improving developer's ability to create and debug code stages, we're at the minute not planning to extend the code stages that exist in Design Studio to offer more IDE like features such as debugging, stepping through, setting breakpoints, etc. Instead, we would look to improve our ability to integrate with other dedicated IDE with which users are likely already familiar with and use regularly.

There's an idea which captures this idea here which I'd encourage you and those others who have voted this idea to consider supporting, should you wish to see this feature introduced to Blue Prism in the future.

Given this update, I'm going to update this idea to Not Planned at this time.

Regards,

Rob